The first commercial flight from London to New York will take place today on a Virgin Atlantic aircraft powered entirely by environmentally friendly SAF fuel.

by alex

It will be a Boeing 787 with Rolls-Royce Trent 1000 engines.

Virgin Atlantic announced that today its aircraft will be the first in the world to make a full flight from London to New York using alternative fuel.

Сегодня состоится первый коммерческий рейс из Лондона в Нью-Йорк на самолёте Virgin Atlantic, полностью заправленном экологически чистым топливом SAF

More precisely, we are talking about environmentally friendly fuel Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF), which, as the company itself says, is the only viable solution in the medium term for the decarbonization of long-haul aviation.

The Boeing 787, powered by Rolls-Royce Trent 1000 engines, will take off from London Heathrow Airport and land in New York.

SAF fuel itself is 88% hydroprocessed esters and fatty acids, and the remaining 12% is synthetic aromatic kerosene, which is produced from plant components.

Virgin Atlantic says industry and the UK government must build a UK SAF industry to reach 10% of aviation fuel by 2030.

READ
The world's cheapest router with Wi-Fi 7? TP-LINK BE3600 costs only $32

You may also like

Leave a Comment